Monday, August 17, 2009

My Sisters!

I honestly don't know what I would do without the love and support from my sisters in Alpha Phi! I have been with someone almost every second since the pageant and I haven't really had time to just sit and think about Miss Iron County. I am sad that the outcome didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, but thankfully I have so many sisters that wouldn't let me get discouraged!

Right before I left for the school I had tons of facebook messages! (Thanks Ash for the advice!)

Timian and Raquel ran backstage just before I was about to go on and gave me flowers!

I could hear Kristy, Val, Raquel, and Timian screaming for me the entire night, and they even made me a poster!

And after they all told me I did really good.



I don't know really how good I did, but I know that even if they where lying to me, it would only be because they love me! :)


And I of course can't forget my REAL sister Natalie! Thanks sis for being there for me, even when you couldn't ;)


I went into work today and Heather Larson was working with me, I told her about the pageant and how it was hard when people asked me how it went all I can say is. "Oh, I had fun...but I didn't win." Its been really hard not to shout "I LOST OK!?" She told me that I should just start making up stories on why I didn't win....


"Well, I found out I was pregnant right before I went on stage, and I decided to let the judges know."

"The director found out I took some nude pictures a year ago and they told me I couldn't win."

"I decided I should step down and let another girl win, Iron County just isn't a big enough title."


Of course non of these where true, but Heather made it a lot easier for me to tell people I lost.


Anyway, the point is I don't know where I would be today without Alpha Phi. Rush is coming up soon and I can't wait to share Alpha Phi with another pledge class, I feel bad for girls who aren't a part of my sorority because they have no idea what its like to have this big of a family!

5 comments:

ashley said...

Nude pictures... I like that one. Totally believable.

I LOVE NOEL!!!

Natalie Kay said...

I love this blog, probably the best you've ever written! I'm so glad I somehow convinced you to rush Alpha Phi and that it is as much fun for you as it was for me. I can't even imagine college without my fun sisters!

As for the pageant. I'm angry. Angry that I couldn't be there and angry that you didn't place. Stupid judges. I'm so glad you have sisters to take care of you down there and be there to cheer you up.

I love you little sis!

Sharlene and Matt said...

noel you are so cute and fun! can we PLEASE hang out?? im excited for rush!! when do you have class? lets go to lunch and hang out this weekend- what you doikng friday nigh? i love y0ou

Alicia said...

This post made me love Alpha Phi even more!! Sisters are the greatest. Hope you are having a great first week of school! Love and aoe.

Corey Wilkey said...

holy cow noel! your blog is awesome!!!