Monday, April 25, 2011

Lately....


Last weekend was Sigma Chi formal. It was bittersweet for me because although I had fun, I had to give up being Sweetheart. I have loved being a part of Sigma Chi this past year, and the time to give it up came much too fast! I had to give a farewell speech which broke my heart, and then watch them sing the Sweetheart Song to their new Sweetheart. It's weird to think that just a year ago that was me! I will never forget any of them, and some of the men in this picture will forever be my best friends!
The Sweetheart of Sigma Chi is a very coveted position and the Sweetheart is meant to represent the person all the Men in the Fraternity strive to marry. The song that they sing goes like this:

When the world goes wrong, as it's bound to do And you've broken Dan Cupid's bow And you long for the girl you used to love the maid of the long ago

Why light your pipe, bid sorrow avaunt, Blow the smoke from your alter of dreams And wreathe the face of your dream-girl there The love that is just what it seems.

The girl of my dreams is the sweetest girl Of all the girls I know Each sweet co-ed, like a rainbow trail Fades in the after glow

The blue of her eyes and the gold of her hair Are a blend of the western sky

And the moonlight beams On the girl of my dreams She's the Sweetheart of Sigma Chi.


On a brighter note, I got to spend the night with some of my sisters! Adriana, Jaclyn, Rachel, Andrew (BB!) Sarah, Jess, Kelly and Lisa. Love them and was so happy they were there with me!

It was Alpha Phi formal on April 9th! It was so much fun to see everyone dressed up, I absolutely loved it! We all had fun and I won the AOE award! The description of this award is: “Sister who most exemplifies what Alpha Phi is. She is a positive role model and is always a positive image on campus and in the community."
The best part was that the girls voted me for it! :D Love my A-Phis!!

Me and Mike went to the Carnival! I love love LOVE the carnival so I was so happy it came to Cedar. We rode the Ferris Wheel twice and went in the fun house mirror place (so funny)! Mike is the BEST. We spend as much time as we can together and every sunday we go to his house for family dinner. His family is amazing and about 2 weeks ago my mom and dad got to meet his mom. Things are going extremely well for us!

We had our annual Greek Week and it was fun of competition and excitement! Alpha Phi walked away with a whole handful of awards!
- Best Advisor: Kathleen McDowell
- Best Leader: Chelsea Chaney (UGC V.P.)
- Highest Overall GPA
- Most Service Hours
- Tied with Sigma Nu for Greek Week Champions (we really should have won, but it's a long story!)
- J. Howard Mahn Greek Letter Organization of the Year!: The most prestigious award given at Greek Week! It had five different parts. Jake Johnson our Greek Advisor said that all three judges said hands down Alpha Phi had won!



I am so proud to be a member of the Greek Community at SUU! We are getting bigger every day and I can't wait for the day when I get to look back and see us filling the stadium because we are so big!


Because I am part of the Executive Council in Alpha Phi we were able to travel to L.A. to attend an Annual Conference our sorority holds. It was so much fun and I gained so much knowledge and information on how to better my own Chapter. This is a picture of the entire Exec. with the International President Linda. She is such a sweet and accomplished woman!



I ran for Elections at SUU. I was part of the VOICE party, and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life! I didn't win, but I met so many amazing people! I had fun and it was a very humbling experience :D


I believe thats all! I will try to blog more (sorry Natalie)!

1 comment:

Natalie Kay said...

I'm so happy you blogged!! I love hearing about the fun stuff you do in life.

Here are some other things you can blog about:
-Your adorable nephew
-Things you want to do this summer
-Things you love
-Things you hate
-30 things you want to do before you're 30.