Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tonight

I wanted to blog about this really fast before I forget or decide not to.

Tonight turned out totally different then I thought it would. For those of you who don't know it was elections for Alpha Phi and for a while I had my heart set on being President. When that didn't happen I decided that I just wanted to be on the EC.

My name wasn't called for any position tonight and I really wanted to cry. We did a senior ceremony and everyone was crying because the seniors were leaving, I was selfishly crying because I didn't get any position. Its really hard when for so long everyone said that I would make a great president and that I would do amazing things for the chapter, and then to not get any EC position at all. Not only was it depressing, it was embarrassing.

It felt like Miss Lehi all over again. I was sitting there not winning anything and had to congratulate the people that did. Everyone was asking me if I was o.k. and telling me they loved me, but really it didn't matter. I was so so sad. I really had no idea what I was going to do.

My plan was to go home eat ice cream and cry. I didn't want to talk to anyone or do anything. Instead me and Kaily decided to go see New Moon. It was amazing! I hated (HATED) Twilight. It was horrible, so I wasn't all excited to see New Moon, but can I tell you...I loved it. Im not a Team Jacob fan, but after this movie I might convert. I loved everything about it.

So, New Moon made me feel a little better. After I got a call from the newly elected Vice President of Program Development Brooke Dudley. She asked me to be SOCIAL CHAIR! I was so excited. I accepted and started to think... social chair is so much cooler than any EC position. You get to plan all the fun stuff and you don't get the stress of EC. Plus I still have 2 more years at SUU, I have plenty of time to be on the EC later... right. And I can learn even more about Alpha Phi and do better in my positions.

Anyway, what almost was a crappy night turned out to be amazing. I'm glad I didn't over react and cause a scene, or make people feel sorry for me. I love my sisters and I know that whatever they decide is best for the Chapter. :)

p.s. i didn't re read this i just posted it, so it might not make total sense!!!

4 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

I love you Noelly, and you will do great things for the chapter... Social chair will be great. You get the fun job! Sorry things didn't turn out differently, I love you!

Alicia said...

Noel! You are awesome and wise beyond your years! Congrats on Social Chair-- you will be fabulous!

ashley said...

Social Chair was probably my FAVORITE position I ever had! You have the freedom to plan whatever fun things you want!! You are so right about all the fun without a lot of stress (SOME stress, but not a lot). You'll be fabulous!

Kady (Ca-dee) said...

Oh noel, I love reading your blog! And I trust me I know how it feels to not win, but it makes it all the much better when you actually do :) You'll do great and I know you'll do aweosme when your time comes (it's COMING I HEAR IT!)